Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A short-duration burst of high-intensity electromagnetic radiation generated by a physical event, in particular by a large thermonuclear explosion in the atmosphere. The pulse causes a damaging surge of voltage within electrical and electronic systems.
- Compton-recoil electrons and photoelectrons from photons scattered in the materials of a nuclear event causing electric and magnetic fields to couple with electrical and electronic systems to produce damaging current surges.
- ^ Compton Scattering - Georgia State University
- ^ Compton Scattering Data - Georgia State University
- ^ Derivation of Compton shift equation
- nuclear magnetic pulse (NEMP)