Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪˌlɛkˈtɹɑn.ɪk.li/, /ˌiː.lɛkˈtɹɑn.ɪk.li/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɛl.ɛkˈtɹɒn.ɪk.li/, /ˌɛl.ɪkˈtɹɒn.ɪk.li/, /ɪˌlɛkˈtɹɒn.ɪk.li/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: elec‧tron‧ic‧al‧ly
- By means of electronics, or of electronic technology.
2013 May 25, “No hiding place”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8837, page 74:
- In America alone, people spent $170 billion on “direct marketing”—junk mail of both the physical and electronic varieties—last year. Yet of those who received unsolicited adverts through the post, only 3% bought anything as a result. If the bumf arrived electronically, the take-up rate was 0.1%. And for online adverts the “conversion” into sales was a minuscule 0.01%.