Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (botany, mycology) Roughly the same height for most of its length, becoming much shallower before reaching the attachment point.
- In this group of mushrooms, the attachment of the gills to the stipe is emarginate.
- (zoology, anatomy) Having a margin that has concave edges as though with parts removed or notched.
- Toxotus ... has the antennae at least as long as the body...; the eyes are entire, or very slightly emarginate.
- (transitive) To take away the margin of.
- ^ Cuvier, Animal Kingdom: Arranged According to Its Organization, Forming the Basis for a Natural History of Animals, and Introduction to Comparative Anatomy. 1840 publisher=Amen Corner page 549 
- plural of