Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈt͡ʃæntɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈtʃɑːntɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -æntɪŋ, -ɑːntɪŋ
- Having the ability to enchant; charming, delightful.
- 2013 August 14, Daniel Taylor, The Guardian:
- "Fairytale" is an over-used word in football but there is certainly something enchanting about the Lambert story, rejected as a teenager at Liverpool and then playing at, among others, Blackpool, Rochdale, Stockport and Bristol Rovers.
having the ability to enchant
enchanting (plural enchantings)
- An act of enchantment.
- 1841, Alfred Beesley, The History of Banbury, page 256:
- […] by which the truth of the matter may the better be known of all felonies, murders, poisonings, enchantings, sorceries, magical arts, transgressions, […]
- Alternative form of