Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈt͡ʃænt/, /ɛnˈt͡ʃænt/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Northern England) IPA(key): /ɪnˈtʃant/, /ɛnˈtʃant/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈtʃɑːnt/, /ɛnˈtʃɑːnt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (New Zealand) IPA(key): /ɘnˈtʃɐːnt/, /enˈtʃɐːnt/
- Rhymes: -ænt, -ɑːnt
- To attract and delight, to charm.
- 2012 October 31, David M. Halbfinger, New York Times:
- New Jersey was reeling on Wednesday from the impact of Hurricane Sandy, which has caused catastrophic flooding here in Hoboken and in other New York City suburbs, destroyed entire neighborhoods across the state and wiped out iconic boardwalks in shore towns that had enchanted generations of vacationgoers.
- To cast a spell upon (often one that attracts or charms).
- 2009, Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary, Paizo Publishing, →ISBN, page 241:
- With the aid of his eponymous pipes, a satyr is capable of weaving a wide variety of melodic spells designed to enchant others and bring them in line with his capricious desires.
- (role-playing games) To magically enhance or degrade an item.
Conjugation of enchant
to attract and delight
to cast a spell upon
enchant (plural enchants)
- (gaming) An enchantment
- 2015, Megan Miller, The Big Book of Hacks for Minecrafters: The Biggest Unofficial Guide to Tips and Tricks That Other Guides Won't Teach You, Simon and Schuster, →ISBN:
- The top button is an enchant you can get with 1 lapis, the middle will need 2 lapis, and the bottom will need 3. In addition to lapis, you will need to have a certain number of experience points to get an enchant.
- Alternative form of