Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈt͡ʃænt/, /ɛnˈt͡ʃænt/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Northern England) IPA(key): /ɪnˈt͡ʃant/, /ɛnˈt͡ʃant/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈt͡ʃɑːnt/, /ɛnˈt͡ʃɑːnt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (New Zealand) IPA(key): /ɘnˈt͡ʃɐːnt/, /enˈt͡ʃɐːnt/
- Rhymes: -ænt, -ɑːnt
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɪnˌt͡ʃænt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɪnˌt͡ʃɑːnt/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- To attract and delight, to charm.
- 2012 October 31, David M. Halbfinger, New York Times, retrieved 31 October 2012:
- New Jersey was reeling on Wednesday from the impact of Hurricane Sandy, which has caused catastrophic flooding here in Hoboken and in other New York City suburbs, destroyed entire neighborhoods across the state and wiped out iconic boardwalks in shore towns that had enchanted generations of vacationgoers.
- To cast a spell upon (often one that attracts or charms).
- 2009, Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary, Paizo Publishing, →ISBN, page 241:
- With the aid of his eponymous pipes, a satyr is capable of weaving a wide variety of melodic spells designed to enchant others and bring them in line with his capricious desires.
- (roleplaying games) To magically enhance or degrade an item.
to attract and delight
to cast a spell upon
enchant (plural enchants)
- (gaming) An enchantment
- 2015, Megan Miller, The Big Book of Hacks for Minecrafters: The Biggest Unofficial Guide to Tips and Tricks That Other Guides Won't Teach You, Simon and Schuster, →ISBN:
- The top button is an enchant you can get with 1 lapis, the middle will need 2 lapis, and the bottom will need 3. In addition to lapis, you will need to have a certain number of experience points to get an enchant.
- Alternative form of