Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈtʃæntɹɪs/, /ɛnˈtʃæntɹɪs/, /-ɹəs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈtʃɑːntɹɪs/, /ɛnˈtʃɑːntɹɪs/, /-ɹəs/
- A woman, especially an attractive one, skilled at using magic; an alluring witch.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 25:
- The tablets upon which the events of the day were recorded refer to enchantresses, and we can conclude that they were by no means restricted to ancient beldames.
- A beautiful, charming and irresistible woman.
- She was the enchantress of men's hearts.
- A femme fatale.
- His desire for that enchantress led him to financial ruin!
- (alluring witch): siren, sorceress
- (beautiful woman): See Thesaurus:beautiful woman
- (femme fatale): See Thesaurus:vamp
attractive woman skilled at using magic
beautiful, charming and irresistible woman