Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Being positioned toward the end; pertaining to the end or rear.
1920, United States. Patent Office, Official Gazette of the United States Patent Office:
- [...] having a top section slidable upon the upper edge of the fire pot and a vertical section movable into contact with the converging side walls of the fire pot at either end on endward movement of the top section.
- 1960, Titus Evans, Radiation Research Society, Radiation research:
- The deviation of ID for both the sideward and endward cases is qualitatively like that of a slim pencil-shaped [...]
- Toward the end; rearward.