Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The practice of incising a design onto a hard, flat surface, by cutting grooves into it.
- (printing) The art of producing an image from an engraved printing form, typically made of copper.
- (countable) A print produced from an engraving.
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 10, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- He looked round the poor room, at the distempered walls, and the bad engravings in meretricious frames, the crinkly paper and wax flowers on the chiffonier; and he thought of a room like Father Bryan's, with panelling, with cut glass, with tulips in silver pots, such a room as he had hoped to have for his own.
- (music) The art of drawing music notation at high quality, particularly on a computer.
the practice of incising a design onto a hard, flat surface
an engraved image
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.