Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: équilatéral
- æquilateral (archaic)
equilateral (not comparable)
- (geometry, of a polygon) Having all the sides equal.
- (geometry, of a polyhedron) Having all the faces equal.
- (zoology) Having the two sides equal, as a surface divisible by a longitudinal median line into two halves of the same form.
- (zoology) Having all the convolutions of the shell in one plane, chiefly of foraminifers.
referring to a polygon all of whose sides are of equal length
equilateral (plural equilaterals)
- A side exactly corresponding, or equal, to others.
- A figure having all its sides equal.