Jump to navigation Jump to search
eulogist (plural eulogists)
- A speaker who delivers a funeral oration (eulogy) for a deceased person.
- A person who praises another person or thing.
- 1850, Herman Melville, chapter 90, in White Jacket:
- I consider, that so far as what is called military renown is concerned, the American Navy needs no eulogist but History.
- 1867, Anthony Trollope, chapter 27, in Phineas Finn:
- I am his eulogist; but I am not in love with him. If he were to ask me to be his wife to-morrow, I should be distressed, and should refuse him.
a speaker who delivers a funeral oration for a deceased person