Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In an excruciating manner or to an excruciating degree; in a manner causing great anguish or pain.
- The gunshot wound was excruciatingly painful.
- 1899, Knut Hamsun, “Part II”, in George Egerton [pseudonym; Mary Chavelita Dunne Bright], transl., Hunger: Translated from the Norwegian, London: Leonard Smithers and Co. […], OCLC 560168646; republished New York, N.Y.: Alfred A. Knopf, October 1920 (December 1920 printing), OCLC 189563, page 80:
- My hunger was now tormenting me excruciatingly, and gave me no rest.
- In a very intense or extreme manner.
in a manner causing great pain or anguish
in a very intense or extreme manner