Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see family, jewels.
- (idiomatic, euphemistic) Testicles.
- The whole crowd cringed as he got hit right in the family jewels.
- 1971, R. Z. Sheppard, "Three's a Crowd," Time, 5 Jul.,
- But what do three testicles mean? A mystical trinity illuminating some absurd need to procreate? A symbol suggesting a metaphysic of pawnbroking? Likely as not, it is simply an animation of the familiar euphemism, "the family jewels."