Jump to navigation Jump to search
fangirl (plural fangirls)
- (fandom slang) A female fan who is obsessive about a particular subject (especially, someone or something in popular entertainment media).
- 2016, Kathleen Smith, The Fangirl Life: A Guide to All the Feels and Learning How to Deal, Penguin, →ISBN:
- It's often an all or nothing world for the fangirl who has yet to learn to bridle the imagination. She is notorious for being incapable of passively enjoying stories.
someone devoted to a single subject
- (intransitive) To behave like a fangirl; to be obsequious, star-struck, boy crazy, etc.
- 2015, Tyler Oakley, Binge, Simon and Schuster, →ISBN:
- I bought the magazines, ran home after work, filmed myself flipping through the pages—half legitimately fangirling over the boys, half making fun of people like myself who fangirl over the boys.