fill the bill
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Alternative form of
1893, Horatio Alger, chapter 29, in Cast Upon the Breakers:
- You've got a head on your shoulders, you have! I guess you'll fill the bill.
- 1923, "Stratton and Edison," Time, 25 Jun.,
- He said that the automotive industry must find a substitute for gasoline, on which the elder Edison commented that the electric storage battery has already filled the bill.
- "fill the bill" at OneLook® Dictionary Search.