Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A net used to catch fish.
- The fishnets were hung over bushes to dry.
- Synonym: fishing net
- (uncountable) A fabric with an open diamond-shaped structure; normally used for stockings etc
- (countable, usually in the plural) Stockings made of fishnet fabric.
- 2000 December 14, Namaste Rainbow Roll [username], “Re: eminem Vs. frank n furter”, in alt.cult-movies.rocky-horror, Usenet:
- I don't see people walking around in the fishnets, heels and make-up, but I do see alot of guys with the short bleached blonde hair, the baggy sweats, and other Eminemesque fashions...
- Fishnets are for catching men.
fishing net — see fishing net