Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪtə(r)
- comparative form of fit
- An exercise bike won't make you fitter if you never find time to use it.
- My bird's loads fitter than yours.
fitter (plural fitters)
- a person who fits or assembles something
- a fitter of clothing, or of machinery
- (informal) an epileptic
- (Britain, dated) A coal broker who conducts the sales between the owner of a coal pit and the shipper.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Simmonds to this entry?)
a person who fits or assembles something
- Indefinite plural of fitte