Jump to navigation Jump to search
- comparative form of : more fit
- An exercise bike won't make you fitter if you never find time to use it.
- My bird's loads fitter than yours.
- 1798, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- All stood together on the deck, / For a charnel-dungeon fitter: / All fixed on me their stony eyes, / That in the Moon did glitter.
fitter (plural fitters)
- A person who fits or assembles something.
- a fitter of clothing, or of machinery
- (informal) An epileptic.
- (Britain, dated) A coal broker who conducts the sales between the owner of a coal pit and the shipper.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Simmonds to this entry?)
a person who fits or assembles something
- comparative degree of
fitter m or f