Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: fivér
- Rhymes: -aɪvə(r)
fiver (plural fivers)
- (slang) A banknote with a value of five units of currency.
- Do you have a fiver I could borrow? I can pay you back tomorrow.
- By extension: the value in money that this represents.
- I bought the chocolates; they were only a fiver.
- A clenched fist.
- A mathematical puzzle played on a 5 × 5 grid.
- (Islam) A Zaydi Shiite Muslim, who disagrees with the majority of Shiites on the identity of the Fifth Imam.
- (religion) A person who gives five percent of their income or five hours a week of their time to charity (a reduction of ten percent tithing).