flannel + -ette
flannelette (countable and uncountable, plural flannelettes)
- A type of soft, woven fabric, made to imitate flannel by raising or brushing the fibers in the weft. Frequently used in sleepwear, pillows, and bedding.
- 1954, Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood (page 6)
- I am a draper mad with love. I love you more than all the flannelette and calico, candlewick, dimity, crash and merino, tussore, cretonne, crepon, muslin, poplin, ticking and twill in the whole Cloth Hall of the world.
- Something made from this fabric.
- Our flannelettes provide an extra layer between the underquilt and sheets.