Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (UK) (file)
- In a fluent manner, as expressing oneself easily, especially in a foreign language.
- He lived in Mexico, so he is able to speak Spanish fluently.
- In a fluent manner, as having graceful movements.
- In a fluent manner, as literally flowing.
- 1925, F[rancis] Scott Fitzgerald, chapter II, in The Great Gatsby, New York, N.Y.: Charles Scribner’s Sons, OCLC 884653065; republished New York, N.Y.: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1953, →ISBN, page 38:
- When he had gone half way he turned around and stared at the scene—his wife and Catherine scolding and consoling as they stumbled here and there among the crowded furniture with articles of aid, and the despairing figure on the couch, bleeding fluently, and trying to spread a copy of Town Tattle over the tapestry scenes of Versailles.
expressing oneself easily