Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɔɹməli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɔːməli/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Homophone: formerly (nonrhotic accents)
- In a formal manner.
- He was dressed too formally for the occasion.
- In accordance with official procedure.
- He formally filed a complaint, which involved much paperwork.
- In accordance with rigorous rules.
- He proved it formally but gave his students no intuitive feel for the matter.
in a formal manner
in accordance with official procedure
in accordance with rigorous rules
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.