- (transitive) To assign to the initial periods.
- 2003, William G. Mayer & Andrew E. Busch, The Front-Loading Problem in Presidential Nominations, →ISBN, page 55:
- In a sense, it would be comforting to find that front-loading had developed out of a conscious and deliberate policy, for that would imply that the problem could be readily remedied.
- We front-loaded the fees on the project.
- We front-loaded the project with fees.
- Attributive form of front load.
- This is a front-load fund, with 4.5% coming off the top.
front-load (not comparable)
- Designed to be loaded from the front.
- A new front-load washing machine uses less water than a top-load.