frugalista (plural frugalistas)
- (informal) A person (especially a woman) who is fashionable while being thrifty.
- 2005 February 11, “OUR FRUGALISTA IS GETTING MARRIED!”, in Palm Beach Post (FL), page 4E:
- Our Frugalista is getting married.
- 2008 July 27, “Consumed - Silicon Clips - The Coupon's New Life Online”, in New York Times:
- Maybe the modern, tech-enabled consumer remembers Mom’s frugalista boasts as puzzling behavior in a less-sophisticated era. But with $4 gas and rising prices, it’s something to think back on with fresh understanding
- 2008 July 30, “The body beautiful”, in Telegraph.co.uk:
- This week: cheap thrills and freebies for the frugalista. There's no shame in being a frugalista.