Jump to navigation Jump to search
fuckup (plural fuckups)
- (vulgar) A serious mistake.
- Forgetting our anniversary was a major fuckup.
- (vulgar, derogatory) One who continually makes mistakes.
- (vulgar, derogatory) An ineffective person; a person who fucks up a lot
- Don't mind me; I'm just a harmless fuckup.
- 1994, John Hodge, Shallow Grave, spoken by Alex Law (Ewan McGregor):
- Family? Family? Friends? Drugged-up wandering suicidal search-of-the-self fuck-ups don't have families.
- 2014, Tim Carvell; Josh Gondelman; Dan Gurewitch; Jeff Maurer; Ben Silva; Will Tracy; Jill Twiss; Seena Vali; Julie Weiner, “Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 1, episode 8, HBO, Warner Bros. Television:
- […] Having a monarchy means the fate of your country is basically a genetic lottery, because every family has the one fuckup they talk about behind their backs. And if you’re thinking, “my family doesn’t,” then I’m afraid it’s you. I’m sorry about that.
person making mistakes