Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive, slang, vulgar) To make a mistake, to go wrong.
- (transitive, vulgar) To botch or make a mess of.
- I fucked up question 3 of the exam.
- 2017 August 27, Brandon Nowalk, “Game Of Thrones slows down for the longest, and best, episode of the season (newbies)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Tyrion is made to be a strategic fool. I haven’t been as hard on this aspect of the season as others, because I buy that Tyrion might overestimate himself in military matters. But face-to-face negotiation with power players in the capital? Now that really is his bread and butter, and after a season of fucking things up in Dragonstone, he once again completely misreads the situation in King’s Landing.
- (transitive, vulgar) To injure or damage badly.
- Synonym: mar
- I fucked up my knee while running the marathon.
- 1991, “Sax and Violins”, in Once in a Lifetime – The Best of Talking Heads, performed by Talking Heads:
- Mom and Pop, they will fuck you up / For sure / Love so deep, kills you in your sleep / It's true
- 1993, Wu-Tang Clan (music), “Shame on a Nigga”, in Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers):
- Shame on a nigga who try to run game on a nigga / Wu buck wild with the trigger! / Shame on a nigga who try to run game on a nigga / I'll fuck your ass up!
- 2006, John R. Butler (music), “The Hand of the Almighty”, in Surprise!:
- He'll fuck you up, yes, God will fuck you up / If you dare to disobey His stern command. / He'll fuck you up, don't you know He'll fuck you up? / So you better do some prayin' while you can.
- 2010, Angry Video Game Nerd: Action 52:
- What are these, hookers? I guess this guy doesn't understand the concept of a hooker. You're supposed to fuck her, not fuck her up.
- (vulgar) To cause someone to make a big mistake.
- (used only in imperative, vulgar) Short for .
- Fuck up, mate! I don't want to listen to you!
to make a mistake, to go wrong
to botch or make a mess of
to injure or damage
to shut up — see shut up
- Alternative spelling of