Jump to navigation Jump to search
fullback (plural fullbacks)
- (American football) An offensive back whose primary jobs are to block in advance of the halfback on running plays and for the quarterback on passing plays.
- (rugby) A position behind the main line of backs in both rugby union and rugby league. In rugby union, they wear number 15 jersey at the start of play and are the last line of defence responsible for catching punts.
- (field hockey) A defensive player who assists the goalie in preventing the opposing team from scoring.
- (soccer) A player who plays on the left or right side of defence.
(soccer) a player who plays on the left or right side of defence
- “fullback”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- “fullback”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.
- “fullback”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
- “fullback” in the Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.