From Old Swedish ganger, from Old Norse gangr, from Proto-Germanic *gangaz.
- walk, path, trail; a maintained, usually quite narrow path on which to walk, which in general does not follow next to a road. (Compare trottoar).
- (uncountable) manner of walk, gait
- (sports, uncountable) race walking
- (uncountable) the continuous running of something, such as a machinery or time.
- times; the number of times something happens
Han gjorde det inte en gång, utan tre gånger
- He didn't do it once, but three times (thrice).