Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈwɔːkˌweɪ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɔkˌweɪ/
- (cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ˈwɑkˌweɪ/
walkway (plural walkways)
- A clearly defined path for pedestrians.
- 2014 July 28, Jeremy Azevedo, “Actually, Comic-Con Is Fucking Awesome”, in Vice:
- SDCC is crowded enough without a few hundred more chuds in rascal scooters cutting in line and taking up space on the public walkways because they heard the cast of The Big Bang Theory was going to be here or something.
- 2020 July 15, “Network News: £2 million repairs complete at Eskmeals viaduct”, in Rail, page 22:
- Walkways and handrails were also upgraded during the work, to improve safety for maintenance staff.
clearly defined path