- (obsolete) Of the giant Gargantua or his appetite.
- Huge; immense; tremendous.
- 2018 May 4, Tom English, “Steven Gerrard: A 'seriously clever or recklessly stupid' Rangers appointment”, in BBC Sport:
- Some distant observers of the Scottish football scene reckon that all - all! - Gerrard has to do is beat Celtic to become a legend. Even if that was true - and, demonstrably, it is not - then it would be a gargantuan task all on its own.
of the giant Gargantua or his appetite
- (etymology) Gourd, Pumpkin. See Budge Ref, p 803A; (from 'Rev 12'--Revue Egyptologique publiee sous la direction de MM Brugsch, F Chabas, and Eug. Revillout (vol I-XIV))