- Huge, gigantic, very large.
1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 5, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- Then everybody once more knelt, and soon the blessing was pronounced. The choir and the clergy trooped out slowly, […], down the nave to the western door. […] At a seemingly immense distance the surpliced group stopped to say the last prayer.
- (colloquial) Supremely good.
- See also Wikisaurus:gigantic
huge, gigantic, very large
immense (plural immenses)
- “immense” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
immense f pl