Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Aggressive security screening prior to aircraft boarding.
2010 December 3, Conte, Kim, “Most Humiliating TSA Pat-Downs of the Week”, in The Stir:
- Now, some women's advocates are referring to the situation as "Gate Rape" and speaking out against incidents like these so that other women don't have to endure the same humiliation.
2011 April 20, Dowd, Maureen, “Stripped of Dignity”, in The New York Times, page A23:
- Ever since the Thanksgiving rebellion over intrusive new pat-downs that some have dubbed “gate-rape,” Americans have been debating security requirements versus privacy rights.
- (of airport security staff) To aggressively screen (someone) prior to allowing (that person) to board an aircraft.
2011 January 7, Akers, Becky, “How to Save Million$ Reading TNA's Website!”, in The New American:
- And yet for all its tyranny, Israel doesn’t gate-rape passengers as does America's TSA.