Jump to navigation Jump to search
- gause (obsolete)
- A thin fabric with a loose, open weave.
- (medicine) A similar bleached cotton fabric used as a surgical dressing.
- A thin woven metal or plastic mesh.
- Wire gauze, used as fence.
- Mist or haze
thin fabric with open weave
cotton fabric used as surgical dressing
woven metal or plastic mesh
wire gauze used as fence
- To apply a dressing of gauze
- (literary) To mist; to become gauze-like.
- 1902, Barbara Baynton, Sally Krimmer; Alan Lawson, editors, Bush Studies (Portable Australian Authors: Barbara Baynton), St Lucia: University of Queensland Press, published 1980, page 28:
- The wide plain gauzed into a sea on which the hut floated lonely.