Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (directed at a horse) move on!, go faster!
- 1996, Andrew Lang, The Yellow Fairy Book Big Klaus and Little Klaus, ISBN 0486216748
- He kept on cracking his whip, and calling out, "Gee-up, my five horses!"
direction to a horse — see giddyup
- (slang) to encourage
- (slang) to excite in order to try to achieve a desired result
- "US fund manager Eric Knight has a fearful reputation as a shareholder activist, geeing up underperforming managements at Royal Dutch Shell and Suez." – HSBC: activist pounces, The Week, 15 September 2007, 631, 43.