Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To enthuse about a specific topic, not realizing that most people listening will fail to understand it.
- Sorry, I didn't mean to spend fifteen minutes discussing the definition of decimate. I guess I geeked out for a bit.
- 2015, LeBron James' unfathomable workload
- Young remembers watching Game 3 while the trainers geeked out over the stamina of James, who was coming off two straight overtime games, including 50 minutes in Game 2.
- To do geeky things; to act geeky; to speak of geeky things.
- Hey guys, let's geek out tonight and have a code-a-thon!