Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (intransitive, slang) To enthuse about a specific topic; to be engrossed in an interest, especially in discussing it with others.
- Sorry, I didn't mean to spend fifteen minutes discussing the definition of "decimate". I guess I geeked out for a bit.
- 2015, LeBron James' unfathomable workload:
- Young remembers watching Game 3 while the trainers geeked out over the stamina of James, who was coming off two straight overtime games, including 50 minutes in Game 2.
- (intransitive, slang) To do geeky things; to act geeky.
- Hey guys, let's geek out tonight and have a code-a-thon!
- 1990 June 7, Matthew V Whalen, “discussion”, in alt.skinheads (Usenet), retrieved 2017-02-09, message-ID <_S`$MKemail@example.com>:
- Now - there has been very little discussion as noted by myself and others. So - how about people talking about their favorite music(s), groups, radio stations (Ska, etc., WRPI) maybe people could discuss their hair length (very short, short, long, dragging the floor) or about why they geek-out (I shouldn't say that - i'm a CompSci) on the net or why they read alt.skinheads or where i can get system 7.0a for the mac or .......
- (intransitive, slang) To be scared, freak out, panic; to hesitate in fear.
- I geeked out there for a minute and broke the lockpick.
- (transitive, slang) To scare or freak out (somebody).