Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: geomètric
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌd͡ʒiː.əʊˈmɛt.ɹɪk/, /ˌd͡ʒiː.əˈmɛt.ɹɪk/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌd͡ʒi.oʊˈmɛt.ɹɪk/, /ˌd͡ʒi.əˈmɛt.ɹɪk/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˌd͡ʒiː.əˈmet.ɹɪk/
- Of or relating to geometry.
- The architect used geometric techniques to design her home.
- 1662, [Samuel Butler], “[The First Part of Hudibras]”, in Hudibras. The First and Second Parts. […], London: […] John Martyn and Henry Herringman, […], published 1678, →OCLC; republished in A[lfred] R[ayney] Waller, editor, Hudibras: Written in the Time of the Late Wars, Cambridge: University Press, 1905, →OCLC, page 6:
- 1990, Stamos Metzidakis, “The Utopian Vision of French Criticism”, in Symposium: A Quarterly Journal in Modern Literatures, volume 44, number 3, →DOI, page 195:
- This does not mean that the French, works, composed by rational minds (de l’esprit) are totally devoid of any value or cultural significance. But Madame de Staël obviously prefers what she considers to be the imaginative workings of the German mind to the geometric and analytical penchants of the French mind.
- Increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression.
- Bacteria exhibit geometric increase in numbers when the environment is not limiting.
- 1990 April 21, Flora Lewis, “Tide Reaching Africa”, in The New York Times, page 23:
- The men around the table were by no means dissidents, but neither can they turn their countries around on their own. Of course, the vast problems in Africa cannot be solved by African policies alone. Poverty breeds poverty by geometric progression.
- Using simple shapes such as circles, triangles, and lines in a decorative object.
- The building's profile was strikingly geometric.
- 2022 March 23, Stefanie Foster, “Updated designs unveiled for HS2's Euston Station”, in RAIL, number 953, page 22:
- A bold geometric roof design is planned to allow natural light to flood onto the station concourse.
- arithmetic-geometric mean
- geometric algorithm
- geometric analysis
- geometric centroid
- geometric congruence
- geometric construction
- geometric correlation
- geometric distribution
- geometric dual graph
- geometric homology
- geometric invariant
- geometric isomer
- geometric isomerism
- geometric lathe
- geometric mean
- geometric mean index
- geometric modeling
- geometric multiplicity
- geometric pen
- geometric probability
- geometric progression
- geometric sequence
- geometric series
- geometric shape
- geometric square
- geometric topologist
- geometric tortoise
of or relating to geometry
increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression
using simple shapes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Declension of geometric