Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: geomètric
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌdʒiː.əʊˈmɛt.ɹɪk/, /ˌdʒi.əˈmɛt.ɹɪk/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌdʒi.oʊˈmɛt.ɹɪk/, /ˌdʒi.əˈmɛt.ɹɪk/
- Of or relating to geometry.
- The architect used geometric techniques to design her home.
- 1662, [Samuel Butler], “[The First Part of Hudibras]”, in Hudibras. The First and Second Parts. […], London: […] John Martyn and Henry Herringman, […], published 1678, OCLC 890163163; republished in A[lfred] R[ayney] Waller, editor, Hudibras: Written in the Time of the Late Wars, Cambridge: University Press, 1905, OCLC 963614346, page 6:
- 1990, Stamos Metzidakis, “The Utopian Vision of French Criticism”, in Symposium: A Quarterly Journal in Modern Literatures, volume 44, number 3, DOI:10.1080/00397709.1990.10733714, page 195:
- This does not mean that the French, works, composed by rational minds (de l’esprit) are totally devoid of any value or cultural significance. But Madame de Staël obviously prefers what she considers to be the imaginative workings of the German mind to the geometric and analytical penchants of the French mind.
- Increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression.
- Bacteria exhibit geometric increase in numbers when the environment is not limiting.
- 1990 April 21, Flora Lewis, “Tide Reaching Africa”, in The New York Times, page 23:
- The men around the table were by no means dissidents, but neither can they turn their countries around on their own. Of course, the vast problems in Africa cannot be solved by African policies alone. Poverty breeds poverty by geometric progression.
- Using simple shapes such as circles, triangles, and lines in a decorative object.
- The building's profile was strikingly geometric.
- geometric algorithm
- geometric centroid
- geometric congruence
- geometric construction
- geometric correlation
- geometric mean index
- geometric modeling
- geometric probability
- geometric progression
- geometric sequence
of or relating to geometry
increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression
using simple shapes
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
Declension of geometric