Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: ĕk-spō-nĕn'-chəl, IPA(key): /ˌɛk.spəʊ.ˈnɛn.tʃəl/
- (US) enPR: ĕk-spō-nĕn'-chəl, IPA(key): /ˌɛk.spoʊ.ˈnɛn.tʃəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Relating to an exponent.
- (mathematics) Expressed in terms of a power of e.
- (mathematics) Of or relating to exponential growth or exponential decay.
- (proscribed) Having a high or rapid rate of change.
- In casual speech, the term is sometimes used loosely to refer to anything that changes rapidly. This usage is often discouraged unless the growth in question is truly exponential; synonyms such as dramatic may be favored instead.
- exponential decay
- exponential distribution
- exponential equation
- exponential function
- exponential growth
- exponential object
relating to an exponent
expressed in terms of a power of e
having a high or rapid rate of change
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
exponential (plural exponentials)