Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ghettoisation (mostly UK)
- The process of becoming a ghetto, an isolated and underprivileged urban area.
- 1988, January 15, “Ben Joravsky”, in A strip mall in Edgewater: class warfare, or small-time tiff?:
- It's all part of a move toward ghettoization, they charge, an attempt to make the poor feel so shamefully unwanted that they will leave the area.
- The process of ghettoizing (a group): the segregation/isolation of a group and placement of that group into a figurative or literal position of little power.