give a damn
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (sometimes vulgar, chiefly in the negative, idiomatic, informal) To be concerned about, have an interest in, to care (about something).
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:care
- 1970, “Cherrystones”, in Outlaw, performed by Eugene McDaniels:
- Long as I have my clams I don't give a damn about revolution
- He doesn't give a damn about your child's painting, he's just interested in the gold frame.
- If she actually gave a damn what the law said, she wouldn't have stolen the car in the first place, now would she?
to be concerned about — see give a shit