give someone the creeps
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from give somebody the creeps)
- (idiomatic) To give someone a feeling of uneasiness or mild fright.
- Walking through the graveyard late at night really gives me the creeps.
- 1997, Roddy Doyle, The Woman Who Walked into Doors:
- It’s the emptiness; there’s no one on the street at that time, along the river. It gives me the creeps.
- creep someone out, give someone the heebie-jeebies, give someone the willies, spook someone, unnerve someone