global positioning system
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Global Positioning System
From the proper noun Global Positioning System.
global positioning system (plural global positioning systems)
- Any system which enables a mobile receiver to determine its precise location based on signals received from satellites such as those of the US military, the Russian GLONASS system, or the proposed Galileo European alternative system.
- NavStar / Navstar / GPS / Global Positioning System (the U.S. government satellite navigation system)
- Beidou / BeiDou (the Chinese government satellite navigation system)
- Galileo (the European Union satellite navigation system)
- GLONASS (the Russian government satellite navigation system)
system determining precise location based on signals received from satellites
- global positioning system on Wikipedia.Wikipedia