Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -iːvə(r)
receiver (plural receivers)
- A person who or thing that receives or is intended to receive something.
- A trustee appointed to hold and administer property involved in litigation.
- A person appointed to settle the affairs of an insolvent entity.
- A person who accepts stolen goods.
- Any of several electronic devices that receive signals and convert them into sound or vision.
- (American football) An offensive player who catches the ball after it has been passed.
- (tennis) A person who attempts to return the ball after it has been served.
- An element of a mechanical or other system or device designed to accept another element.
- recipient (more formal, usually referring to one who receives such things as an award or medal)
person who receives
person appointed to settle financial affairs
person who accepts stolen goods
electronic device that receives and converts signal
in American football
element of system
part of a firearm containing the action
capacious vessel for receiving steam