recipient (plural recipients)
- One who receives.
- Synonym: addressee
- the recipient of money or goods
- My e-mail never reached the intended recipient.
- 2023 March 8, Howard Johnston, “Was Marples the real railway wrecker?”, in RAIL, number 978, page 52:
- And it [bribery and fraud] didn't stop there. Both Sir Winston Churchill and later Labour leader Michael Foot were allegedly regular recipients of private cheques that would have seen them summarily sacked in this present age of transparency.
- (medicine) An individual receiving donor organs or tissues.
- (chemistry) The portion of an alembic or other still in which the distilled liquid is collected.
“Recipient” is often reserved for the act of receiving such things as awards or medals; “receiver” is used for insignificant items.
recipient (not comparable)
- (Balearic) IPA(key): /rə.si.piˈent/
- (Central) IPA(key): /rə.si.piˈen/
- (Valencian) IPA(key): /re.si.piˈent/
recipient m (plural recipients)
recipient n (plural recipiente)
|indefinite articulation||definite articulation||indefinite articulation||definite articulation|
|nominative/accusative||(un) recipient||recipientul||(niște) recipiente||recipientele|
|genitive/dative||(unui) recipient||recipientului||(unor) recipiente||recipientelor|