Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (obsolete, rare) acceptour
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əkˈsɛptə(r)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ək.ˈsɛp.tɚ/, /æk.ˈsɛp.tɚ/
acceptor (plural acceptors)
- One who accepts.
- (law, commerce) One who accepts a draft or a bill of exchange; a drawee after he has accepted.
- (chemistry) An atom or molecule which can accept an electron to form a chemical bond.
- (biochemistry) A transfer RNA molecule that can accept a specific amino acid
- (physics) A chemical acceptor atom forming a positive hole in a semiconductor
- (physiology) A cluster of skin cells that respond to pain
one who accepts