Jump to navigation Jump to search
glowing (plural glowings)
- The action of the verb glow.
- 1791, Robert Jackson, A Treatise on the Fevers of Jamaica, page 287:
- The coldness having now arrived at its acme, or highest point of intensity, glowings of heat were perceived in the intervals between the rigors or successions. These glowings grew gradually stronger […]
- That glows or glow.
- glowing embers
- (figuratively) Full of praise.
- He received glowing references from his previous employers.
that which glows