Jump to navigation Jump to search
- While giving off a glow.
- The spark hung there glowingly, then suddenly went out.
- 1749, [John Cleland], “(Please specify the letter or volume)”, in Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure [Fanny Hill], London: […] G. Fenton [i.e., Fenton and Ralph Griffiths] […], OCLC 731622352:
- I lay stretching out, glowingly alive all over, and tossing with burning impatience for the renewal of joys that had sinned but in a sweet excess
- With enthusiastic praise.
- He praised her glowingly; it was enough to make her blush.