Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: glüg
glug (plural glugs)
- The sound made when a significant amount of liquid is poured out of a jug or bottle.
- (informal) The amount of liquid issued from a jug or bottle when the "glug" sound is heard.
- Pour a glug of bleach into the toilet for good infection control.
- (intransitive) To flow in noisy bursts.
- The water glugged down the sink.
- (informal, transitive) To quickly swallow liquid.
- He had glugged that glass of wine before she got a chance to introduce herself.