Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To violate; to breach; to break.
- What he did goes against the rules.
- This sentence goes against English grammar.
- To be unfavourable to someone.
- What she said in court today went against them.
- The court's decision went against them.
- To be contrary to a trend, feeling or principle.
- This goes against my instincts.
- To oppose; to resist
- He dared not go against the King.
to violate; breach
to be unfavourable to someone
to be contrary to a trend, feeling