go hand in hand
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Of two things, to be closely related or to go together well; see hand in hand.
- (literally) Of two people, to hold hands.
1894, Edward Phillips Oppenheim, A monk of Cruta, page 321:
- Wait for me! Let us go hand in hand–hand in hand through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. Oh, my love! it has been a weary, weary while.
2000, Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot, Respect, page 238:
- We came into the world like brother and brother;
- And now let's go hand in hand saad, not one before the other.