Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: goodhearted
good-hearted (comparative more good-hearted, superlative most good-hearted)
- (idiomatic) Kind and well-intentioned.
- 1887, Harriet W. Daly, Digging, Squatting, and Pioneering Life in the Northern Territory of South Australia, page 192:
- Good-hearted fellows in their way, true to each other, and invariably gentle and courteous to women, is the much-maligned and misunderstood digger.
- 2012 April 26, Tasha Robinson, “Film: Reviews: The Pirates! Band Of Misfits”, in The Onion AV Club:
- But Pirates! comes with all the usual Aardman strengths intact, particularly the sense that its characters and creators alike are too good-hearted and sweet to nitpick. The ambition is all in the craft rather than in the storytelling, but it’s hard to say no to the proficiency of that craft, or the mild good cheer behind it.