great minds think alike
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Used to emphasize a coincidence, or two people reaching the same conclusion in any manner at the same time.
- Person A: He looks a bit like David Beckham...
- Person B: I was just thinking that!
- Person A: Great minds think alike, eh?
- Person C: More like fools seldom differ in this case...
The "Fools seldom differ" part is found in British English only.
used to emphasize two people reaching the same conclusion
- Gregory Y. Titelman, Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings, 1996, →ISBN, p. 125.