Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: coïncidence
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kəʊˈɪnsɪdəns/
- (General American) IPA(key): /koʊˈɪnsɪdəns/, /kəˈwɪnsɪdəns/
Audio (US) (file)
- Of objects, the property of being coincident; occurring at the same time or place.
- Of events, the appearance of a meaningful connection when there is none.
- That the two writers were born and died on the same day is just a coincidence, although there are many conspiracy theories about it.
- It is sheer coincidence that the cartoon resembles the local politician.
- (mathematical analysis) A coincidence point.
- (geometry) A fixed point of a correspondence; a point of a variety corresponding to itself under a correspondence.
- (of objects and time): concurrentness, synchronicity; see also Thesaurus:simultaneousness
- (in analysis): coincidence point
of objects, property of being coincident
state of events appearing to be connected when they are not
coincidence point — see coincidence point